Saturday, May 28, 2016

Weathering the storm

I started my day off with a few eggs and a piece of toast for breakfast to prepare for my bike ride. Afterwards I oiled my chain up and put air in the tires of my bike and was headed off towards the trails.
I had checked the weather prior to leaving for the trails and there was only a slight chance of rain for the next few hours, so i figured i would have enough time to get a good ride in. I had finally reached the trails as it was hard to contain my excitement since it has been awhile since my last ride. I then proceeded to unload my bike, put on my helmet and then i was off.




I had gotten about 3 miles into the ride when I started to feel light rain falling from the sky, at the time i didn't think much of it and continued forward on my adventure. As I kept moving forward I had noticed the rain was steadily getting heavier, at this point i didn't really have many options because I was about halfway through my ride, so it would have been the same distance to get back either way. I kept moving                                                                    forward.




The last few miles of my ride it turned into a full out thunderstorm. The trail conditions were decreasing as I continued to ride. Eventually the trails turned into flowing ankle high streams. At this point I was starting to get frustrated with the weather and trails, but after a bit of thinking I realized I can't look at it negatively because that would ruin the entire ride. I have learned in my life that even when things may not go your way that you have to find something positive to look at because when you think positive, positive things will happen.I was nearing the end of my 10 mile ride and the weather finally decided to let up, by this time it already looked like I had gone for a swim and there were times on the trails where it felt like I was swimming.Although I got soaked I learned a lot from this trip. I had learned the value of persistence and determination, and how it always pays off in the long run. This ride taught me to keep pushing forward even when things get a little rough because the light is always at the end of the tunnel. In the end this was one of my best rides and a memory that will last forever.
Show less



No comments:

Post a Comment